Job Title: Operations Specialist
Classification: Six-month contract to hire
Reports To: Operations Manager and/or Operations Assistant
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Location: Chicago, IL 60612
CurlMix is a beauty brand dedicated to education. At our fast-paced start-up, we specialize in E-commerce and curly hair. We’ve earned recognition that is unprecedented in our industry. We’ve appeared on season 10 of the Emmy award-winning show, Shark Tank. Along with landing on Oprah’s Favorite Things List, CurlMix products have been featured on Essence.com, Ebony.com, BlackEnterprise.com, and Refinery29.com, to name a few, and in 2021 CurlMix was listed at #93 on the Inc. 5000 list of growing companies. CurlMix is leading the beauty industry, and we are one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the space.
- Must be local to Chicago.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years in a professional kitchen or manufacturing facility
- Basic literacy and math skills
- Available to work Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm.
- Reliable transportation to and from the CurlMix site.
- Punctuality when arriving for the work day, attending meetings, and returning from breaks.
- No sensitivity to alcohol or cleaning solutions.
- No allergies to nuts/tree-nuts.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (assistance available if needed)
- Able to handle heavy machinery & raw ingredients on a daily basis
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to seek out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Ability to adhere to an expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and respond to changing business priorities.
- Ability to inspire others through work ethic, professionalism, & integrity.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little to no supervision.
The Operations Specialist is an integral part of our dynamic Operations team, and includes working in the Fulfillment, Production, and/or Shipping departments as needed. This person arrives promptly to work every day, is a team player, pays close attention to detail, is extremely disciplined, & reliable.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with team & team lead in respective department to accomplish the daily goals
- Manufacturing, filling, and/or shipping orders to and for customers
- Unloading or loading for incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Attending meetings dictated by leads, managers, and/or Exec team.
Please email your resume, two professional references, and a cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject field, please type "I am your next Operations Specialist!"