JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT HOURLY
RATE: $21 PER HOUR
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS
LOCATION: ON-SITE, CHICAGO FULFILLMENT CENTER
CurlMix is a beauty brand dedicated to education. At our fast-paced start-up, we specialize in E-commerce and curly hair. We’ve earned recognition that is unprecedented in our industry. We’ve appeared on season 10 of the Emmy award-winning show, Shark Tank. Along with landing on Oprah’s Favorite Things List, CurlMix products have been featured on Essence.com, Ebony.com, BlackEnterprise.com, and Refinery29.com, to name a few, and in 2021 CurlMix was listed at #93 on the Inc. 5000 list of growing companies. CurlMix is leading the beauty industry, and we are one of the fastest growing start-ups in the space.
The Production Specialist will be responsible for physically producing our hair care products. This person has an EXTREME attention to detail and is disciplined and reliable. This role handles machinery and potentially harmful ingredients on a daily basis and is an extremely physical position.
Additionally, the Production Specialist will assist in developing and improving purchasing processes to support business growth and new product development; purchasing, tracking, data entry, inventories, receiving, and payment terms. Safety, Cleanliness, and efficiency are of the highest priority.
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Production Specialist. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or revised to meet changing business needs.
- Keep secret recipes, equipment, and procedures extremely confidential, as they are trade secrets.
- Lift a minimum of 50lbs and climb stairs.
- Operate heavy machinery.
- Follow recipes and reproduce them with little to no errors.
- Conduct basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) in the event you need to adjust the recipe for smaller batches.
- Collect a microbial sample of every batch you create.
- Log batch details while you are making a new product.
- Sanitize equipment, dishes, materials, and occasionally clean floors in the workspace.
- Utilize large mixers, large equipment with extreme heat, and dishwashing between mixing materials.
- Ensure an FDA/GMP compliant workspace.
- One - two years in a professional kitchen or manufacturing facility
- High School Diploma
- Comfortable with simple math equations
- Reliable transportation for work
- Does not have a sensitivity to alcohol or cleaning solutions
- No nut/tree-nut allergies
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company's Core Values in action and behavior
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and proper judgment under pressure
- Ability to meet strict internal and external timelines/milestones
- Able to effectively provide, receive, and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to anticipate, identify and respond to changing business priorities
- Inspires others through his/her work ethic, professionalism, and work integrity
- Learns quickly in a fast-paced growth environment
- Have a natural sense of urgency
- Be a solutions-oriented team player
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Regular and predictable attendance
Please send your resume & cover letter, along with two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.