Jobs - Customer Service
Title: Customer Service Specialist
Full-TIme Contractor (60 Days) and W2 Thereafter
Work Hours: 9am - 5pm (CST)
Job Duties Overview:
CurlMix is an E-commerce curly hair brand, dedicated to serving women with naturally curly hair. We manufacture our own products and run a fast-paced startup.
The Customer Service Representative provides front-line support, information and solutions to CurlMix customers and is responsible for ensuring high-quality customer service delivery that exceeds customer expectations.
The success of our company is based on the success of our team members. While challenging, for the right person this will not only be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity, and we look forward to scaling compensation based on quality work.
While we do have fun, the right person will understand our need to declare: If you are a clock-watcher, compulsive Facebook-er, chatter-box, personal phone caller, excuse maker, or a known constant complainer, you are not a fit for this role. This position allows you to work from home but preference is given to applicants located in Chicago.
If you’re still reading you may just be the next hire at CurlMix.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
- Loves working with people.
- Has excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Has a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure yet still remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Good decision-maker.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Enjoys contributing ideas and sharing thoughts, while working.
- Must be VERY organized and detail oriented.
- Absolutely must be punctual!
- Must be willing to learn new things and be open to constructive criticism.
- Must be resourceful and trustworthy.
- Must provide world class customer service to us and our external customers.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Customer Service Representative position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
Customer Service Components:
- Answer all incoming customer requests & inquiries via email and phone: efficiently, courteously, and professionally in less than 24 hours
- Be available for customer Chat feature during work hours.
- Forward/Tag important email communications to Customer Service Manager (i.e. Sponsorship requests, interview requests, Collaboration requests etc...)
- Forward/Tag all Influencer/Collaboration email communications to Customer Service Manager)
- Process customer order inquiries
- Assist customers in generating immediate solutions to existing and potential problems
- Accurately answer payment and general account inquiries
- Process Customer Refunds and/or Returns
- Adhere to company policies and procedures while driving efficiencies and profitability
Social Media Components:
- Manage Private Facebook Group
- Reply to Comments on All Facebook Ads
- Reply to Comments on All Twitter + Instagram Posts
- Reply to Comments on YouTube Videos
Who this role is not for:
- This position is not for someone who makes spelling errors often in professional settings, as well as personal.
- This is not for someone who is easily frustrated.
- This role is not for someone who writes furiously in the comment section on social media.
- This role is not for someone who is busy during the day with other activities, for example, homeschooling, as you need to be present the entire scheduled time.
- This role is not for someone who wants a flexible schedule. You will work the same hours every day.
- 2 years of customer service experience
- 1-2 years call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of natural hair care and familiarity with the natural hair community preferred
- Proficiency with Google’s “G-Suite”
- Proficiency with MS Windows Office Suite
- 1-2 Years of College Experience
- Comfortable with simple math equations
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35-40 wpm
- Must have Facebook Page (Required to manage comments.)
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company's Core Values in action and behavior
- Ability to actively and effectively engage customers via email, phone, and social media
- Superb communication skills, including active listening, verbal and written
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and proper judgment under pressure
- Ability to meet strict internal and external timelines/milestones
- Able to effectively provide, receive, and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to anticipate, identify and respond to changing business priorities
- Ability to produce professional documents, including spreadsheets, correspondence, and e-mail
- Inspires others through his/her work ethic, professionalism, and work integrity
- Learns quickly in a fast-paced growth environment
- A natural sense of urgency
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
If you’ve read all of the above and are ready to apply, please follow these instructions.
Subject Line: I’m Your New Customer Service Representative
Within body of the email answer these questions:
- What are the top three reasons you’re the person for this position?
- What is your favorite tool that helps you stay organized?
Include a resume and references within the body of the email.
Email to: jobs [at] curlmix.com