Title: Factory Production Assistant
Full-Time Contractor (First 60 days) and W-2 Thereafter
Work Hours: 9am - 5pm (CST)
Job Duties Overview:
CurlMix is an E-commerce based, curly hair brand, dedicated to serving women with naturally curly hair. We manufacture our own products and run a fast-paced startup.
The Production Assistant is responsible for physically producing the hair care products that we sell online. This person arrives promptly to work every day, rarely takes a vacation and pays EXTREME attention to detail. This person is extremely disciplined and reliable. This role handles machinery and potentially harmful ingredients on a daily basis. They should be able to lift 50lbs on their own, as they will be working with raw ingredients to mix our recipes.
They will utilize large mixers, large equipment with extreme heat, and dishwashing between mixing materials. You’ll be responsible for sanitizing equipment and ensure an FDA/GMP compliant workspace.
Safety, cleanliness, and efficiency are of the highest priority as a Production Assistant.
The success of our company is based on the success of our team members. While challenging, for the right person this will not only be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity, and we look forward to scaling compensation based on consistency and reliability.
While we do have fun, the right person will understand our need to declare: If you are a clock-watcher, compulsive Facebook-er, chatter-box, personal phone caller, excuse maker, or a known constant complainer, you are not a fit for this role. Applicants must be willing to travel to the West of Downtown Chicago.
If you’re still reading you may just be the next hire at CurlMix.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
- Loves working with people.
- Has excellent organizational skills, and experience working in a factory or professional kitchen.
- Has a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure yet still remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Good decision-maker.
- Pays close attention to details, as missteps can result in personal harm or lawsuits for the company.
- Must be VERY organized and detail oriented.
- Absolutely must be punctual!
- Must be willing to learn new things and be open to constructive criticism.
- Must be resourceful and trustworthy.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Production Assistant position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
Production Assistant Components:
- Keep secret recipes, equipment, and procedures extremely confidential, as they are trade secrets.
- Travel to work in the Near West area of Chicago, near downtown.
- Work 5 days a week and arrive promptly to work.
- Lift up to 50lbs and physically climb stairs.
- Operate heavy machinery.
- Follow recipes and reproduce them with little to no errors.
- Conduct basic math (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) in the event you need to adjust the recipe for smaller batches.
- Does not have a sensitivity to alcohol or cleaning solutions, as you will be working with them every day.
- No nut allergies or tree-nuts.
- Collect a microbial sample of every batch you create.
- Log batch details while you are making a new product.
- Wear a lab coat, protective eyewear, hair net, and gloves while working.
- Sanitizing equipment, dishes, materials, and occasionally cleaning floors in the workspace.
- You will utilize large mixers, large equipment with extreme heat, and dishwashing between mixing materials.
- You’ll be responsible for sanitizing equipment and ensure an FDA/GMP approved workspace.
Who this role is not for:
- This role is not for someone who wants to work from home.
- This role is not for someone who needs to leave work early regularly.
- This role is not flexible and the Production Assistant needs to be a steady constant.
- This role is not for someone who likes to check their phone at work.
- This role is not for someone who is forgetful or who only wants to work somewhere for 6 months.
- This role is not for someone who isn’t obsessively clean.
- 1-2 years in a professional kitchen or manufacturing facility
- Highschool Diploma
- Comfortable with simple math equations
- Ability to read and write
- Reliable transportation for work
- Leads by example and exemplifies the company's Core Values in action and behavior
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and proper judgment under pressure
- Ability to meet strict internal and external timelines/milestones
- Able to effectively provide, receive, and respond positively to constructive feedback
- Ability to anticipate, identify and respond to changing business priorities
- Inspires others through his/her work ethic, professionalism, and work integrity
- Learns quickly in a fast-paced growth environment
- A natural sense of urgency
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
If you’ve read all of the above and are ready to apply, please follow these instructions.
Subject Line: I’m Your New Production Assistant
Within the body of the email answer these questions:
- What are the top three reasons you’re the person for this position?
- What is your favorite tool that helps you stay organized?
Include a resume and references within the body of the email.
Email to: jobs [at] curlmix.com